The use of face coverings become mandatory for customers in shops in Scotland from 9th July as Coronavirus restrictions are eased. The details of why our staff won’t be required to wear face coverings are detailed below. We are grateful to Food Standards Scotland for guidance and input in the development of this information for our customers.
It is Mandatory for customers to wear face coverings in shops.
- Legislation does not require mandatory wearing of face coverings for staff if wearing them may present:-
– A risk to food safety or hygiene. EG – The mask itself may contribute to fibres getting in the food.
– A risk to the health and safety of the individual. EG – It is not safe to use knives, tools and equipment as a face covering may obstruct their view and lead to injury.
- Some staff may use face coverings where a risk assessment considers it to be appropriate.
- We continue to ensure the safety of our staff and customers where face coverings are not appropriate by:-
– Ensuring physical distancing at all times.
– Following strict hand washing rules.
– Enhanced cleaning and deep cleaning procedures.
– Using other forms of protection such as screens and visors.
- Our measures are verified by regular inspections from local authorities.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Current Shop Opening Hours:
Monday 9am – 4pm
Tuesday 9am – 4pm
Wednesday 9am – 4pm
Thursday 9am – 4pm
Friday 9am – 4pm
Saturday 9am – 3pm